Life Cycle Assessment
Windhives has a team with a diverse technical background who has experience with all major LCA methodologies and software. We have broad experience in LCA, used for comparisons, Environmental Product Declarations, and more.
Life Cycle AssessmentLife Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a technique for assessing environmental aspects associated with a product over its life cycle. LCA takes a lifetime perspective, takes into consideration all the steps that lead from raw material through manufacture, distribution, and usage to final disposal. LCA addresses design/engineering options that offer the minimum environmental impact during building, operation, and the end-of-life phases of a project. LCA is uniquely valuable in assessing and documenting the evidence used in this decision process. We conduct LCA study in accordance with ISO frameworks, ISO 14040 and ISO 14044. And our representatives are from Global Mendeley Research Community and with International Publications.
How it benefits your business
Reduce environmental impact:
- – Identifying a product/organization environmental hotspot and taking action to reduce them.
- – Comparing the environmental impacts of critical items.
- – Comparing design alternatives to choose the lowest impact ones.
- – Calculating the lifetime impact of materials and products to help find the most sustainable options.
- – Helps ensure compliance with government regulations.
Gain certification credits
- – LCA is a significant credit in BREEAM, LEED, and many other certification schemes
Comply with whole life carbon regulations
- – Governments are increasingly recognizing the need to legislate to reduce whole life carbon (operational and embodied carbon emissions) in construction.
- – Clients, investors, and others are increasingly seeking transparency over a products/organization’s environmental impacts. LCA is the most reliable and transparent way to achieve it.
Identifies trade off and information gap
- – Develop product advantage of competition.
- – LCA can help marketing & reshape company image & strategy.
What we offer
- – LCA study of products or organization
- – Comparative LCA reports
- – LCA Screenings
- – Streamlined LCI data collection
- – Advising on LCA strategy